Oakley make some great winter sports gear, but the Oakley Airwave 1.5 Ski and Snowboard goggle could well be up there as one of the coolest. Don’t believe us, check out the specifications below and watch the video.
Oakley Airware 1.5 Specifications
Main Goggle Features
- Heads-up display.
- Switchlock technology (quick lens changes).
- F3 anti-fog technology.
- High definition optics.
Oakley Airware 1.5 Heads-Up Display
Imagine powering down the slopes and being able to see your current speed, or catching some amazing air and instantly seeing how high you got. We’ll with Oakley’s new Airware 1.5 goggles you can. Using innovative prism technology the heads-up display provides a crisp (perceived) 14-inch screen on which your vital stats are displayed. The display integrates GPS (used for speed and navigation) and Bluetooth as well as an array of built-in sensors that provide instant feedback of jump analytics (distance, height, and airtime). As well as all this you also get maps, music control, and even a way to track friends on the slopes. See below for a full list of features:
- Trip Viewer: Review your days stats, such as top speed and max airtime etc.
- Jump Analytics: Record and measure the number of jumps you do and how much airtime you get.
- Speed: Accurately (GPS data) measure your speed in real time.
- Navigation: Locate your position on a resort map, and even find points-of-interest around you.
- Vertical: Measure you vertical height and see how high you got during the day or over the entire season.
- Buddy Tracking: Track your mates out on the slope. All they need are a pair of airtime goggles or the Airwave App on their phone.
Along with all of this you can also control your music so you can listen to all your favorite tunes, and you can view incoming telephone calls and text messages. Also the goggles can link up with other external devices such as heart rate monitors, and there is Facebook integration.
Additional Goggle Features
As well as the super cool heads-up display and the array of features that go with it, the Oakley Airware 1.5 Ski and Snowboard goggles comes with Oakley’s O-Flow Arch system that helps reduce nasal pressure and make the goggles fit that much better so they remain comfortable for longer periods of time. The goggles also have anti-fog technology with a dual-vented lens to stop moisture built up and steaming of the goggles, as well as having lenses that filter out 100% of harmful UV rays.
Conditions can change quickly while out on the slopes, and the Oakley Airware 1.5 Ski and Snowboard goggles come with Switchlock technology that allows you to change the lens in the goggles very easily and quickly. All you need to do is flick up a lever on the goggles and the lens pops right out and a new lens can be fixed in place just as quickly.